Undergraduate Programs at the Knowlton School
The Knowlton School engages students with an exceptional experiential learning environment and a foundation in history and theory courses to underscore the cultural impact of each discipline and how they shape the world. Design and planning, at all scales, does not decorate an existing world, it proposes new worlds! A liberal arts curriculum complements major coursework enabling students to solve problems, think critically, logically and creatively and to be an engaged and responsible global citizen.
Along with a strong educational foundation, students will have the opportunity to:
• Engage other disciplines by working with colleagues in other Knowlton School majors
• Have a truly global experience by participating in our travel programs
• Learn from prominent researchers and practitioners via the Knowlton School Lecture Series
• Get Involved in professional, social and service-oriented student organizations within the School
• Benefit from a large university while maintaining a tight-knit community within Knowlton Hall
• Have support from full-time student services staff
About our programs
Our degrees are professional and pre-professional, preparing students to become architects, landscape architects, planners or to pursue a range of careers in business, arts, and public service. Each program also prepares students to pursue graduate school. Knowlton undergrads have a long history of gaining acceptance to Ivy League and other highly respected graduate programs.
To learn more about our individual programs, please visit their program pages, listed below for your convenience. We invite you to browse the slideshow and videos above and visit the news section of the website for more on the great things our students, faculty and alumni are up to. In this Students’ portion of the website, you will find admissions and financial aid information; more on our career services, travel opportunities and student organizations; and an introduction to Honors & Scholars programs.
Visit and contact
Please see the Visit and Contact page for more information on our open houses and visit days for prospective students, or contact Angela Beer. (Current Ohio State students may schedule an appointment online.) We look forward to hearing from you!