The Knowlton School Alumni Society has been named Alumni Society of the Year for 2021 by The Ohio State University Alumni Association. Alumni Association President Molly Ranz-Calhoun notified Alumni Society board members of the award in a letter, noting that the “award is given to one society who exemplifies the mission of The Ohio State University Alumni Association, Inc. and the university as a whole, with volunteer efforts that exceed expectations and excel in all areas.”
The Knowlton School Alumni Society was recognized in particular for its exceptional efforts to engage alumni through
- the creation of a new, multi-tiered membership model;
- new programming meant to congratulate and connect with the school’s 2020 and 2021 graduating classes;
- enhanced student mentoring and career services initiatives that leveraged Alumni Association resources that support online events and services;
- a diversity initiative that included a new diversity statement, scholarships for K-12 Camp Architecture 2021 attendees, a lecture series, and webinars; and
- integration of the Alumni Society’s social media platforms.
The Knowlton School Alumni Society is one of nearly 50 academic- and special interest-based societies under the umbrella of the Alumni Association. Society activities and goals include reunions, service projects, student programming, alumni placement, professional development, social events, and scholarship fundraising.