You are in section Students, in section Current Students, in section Undergraduate, options here include: .

Forms and Petitions

Course Enrollment Permission Form
Required when pursuing enrollment in a regular class for which you need instructor permission (waive requisites, enroll in a full class, time conflict with another class, request to add after the 1st Friday, etc.).
Deadlines: Typically, 2nd Friday for full semester courses; see for a full listing of deadlines, including deadlines for session-based courses, and information about late add fees

Grade Forgiveness Petition
The University’s Grade Forgiveness Rule allows a student to petition to repeat up to three courses for which the grade in the repeated course will permanently replace the original grade for the course in the calculation of a student’s cumulative GPA. The petition should be submitted once you register for a second attempt in a course. Students who passed the course the first time and fail it the second will lose credit for the course. Both courses remain on the academic record. Coursework taken outside of The Ohio State University, including EM and transfer credit, is not counted as an attempt for teh purposes of the grade forgiveness rule.
Deadline: 10th Friday of the semester

Curriculum Petition
A curriculum petition is required when a student wishes to pursue an adjustment to an approved curriculum. Examples include: applying unused credit toward a GE or major requirement; application of  Special (S000) credit to GE or major requirements; substitution or modification of a requirement within the standard GE or degree requirements.
Deadline: Course petitions may be submitted at any time.

Independent Study Request Form
Independent studies are designed for students who wish to explore topics or subject matter not already covered in another upper-level course. (1) Consider and outline your proposed topic and research interests. (2) Consult with faculty to determine who is able to direct your independent study. It is important to define the details of your proposal and come to a clear agreement on the topic, scope, expected deliverables, due dates and meeting patterns. (3) Both the faculty and student must agree, in writing, to the independent study proposal and the faculty member determines the number of credit hours that the work justifies. (4) The student will submit the Independent Study Request Form, including the agreed-upon proposal, a listing of any required assignments or projects and expectations, and agreed-upon number of credit hours. (4) After submission by the student, the faculty member receives a copy of the request and will forward the request with his/her approval to Knowlton School Student Services in order for the course (ARCH 4193, LARCH 4193, or CRPLAN 4193) to be added to the student's schedule.
Notes: Independent studies cannot be used to prepare personal statements for graduate school applications or to provide credit for internship experiences. Independent study courses are graded S/U and cannot be applied toward core requirements on the major or GEs.
Deadlines: 2nd Friday for full semester courses (see for a full listing of deadlines, including deadlines for session-based courses, and information about late add fees). All regular university deadlines for adding/dropping classes apply, including late fees.

Withdrawal Request Form
Request to withdraw from a courses after the online drop period. You will receive a mark of “W” for any courses from which you withdraw.
Deadline: 10th Friday for full semester courses (see for a full listing of deadlines, including deadlines for session-based courses)

Late Withdraw Petition
Requires advising appointment. Students who are eligible must clearly be able to document that extenuating circumstances began AFTER the withdraw deadline and that the circumstance made it impossible for the student to finish the terms coursework. External documentation may be required.
Deadline: Last day of regularly scheduled classes for a term or session and/or at least five business days prior to the course’s scheduled final exam.

Senior Petition
Allows a student to enroll in a graduate-level course and apply the credit toward a future OSU graduate program. Review requirements in the Graduate School Handbook (Section 4.1.3) and meet with an academic advisor to complete paperwork.

Petition to Receive Undergraduate Credit for Graduate-Level Course
The form allows a student to seek permission to enroll in a graduate-level course and apply the course credit toward an undergraduate degree. This course credit cannot be later applied to any graduate degrees.

Commencement Ceremony Absence Form
Submit this form if you do not plan to attend your Commencement ceremony.

Deadline: Two weeks prior to your Commencement ceremony

Request to Return Form

Students, who want to return from a leave of absence to the University/Knowlton, are required to submit a request to return form. The deadlines to submit this request are the following:   Spring term: October 1st   Fall term: March 1st  Any submissions after the deadlines are not guaranteed, but will be reviewed on a space-available basis. 

Petition for Reinstatement 
Use when petitioning for reinstatement after a dismissal from a department, Knowlton, or The Ohio State University. Petitions for Reinstatement should be submitted to the program you wish to pursue, not necessarily the program from which you were dismissed. Students who were academically dismissed are expected to spend a minimum of two terms away from Ohio State, though additional time may be required in order to demonstrate an ability to be successful as a returning student. The university deadlines for submitting a reinstatement petition are:

Autumn Semester June 1*Spring Semester October 1*Summer Term February 1* *or the first business day following, if these dates fall on a weekend

Fresh Start Application
Students who are absent from the University for a period of at least five years, and did not complete a degree, may apply for a Fresh Start. To discuss eligibility, contact an academic advisor prior to re-enrollment. Upon approval, students will resume academic study with no cumulative GPA.
Deadline: Submit ASAP after fees are paid for your first semester of re-enrollment.